Getting Help With
Depression in Vancouver
Clinical depression is a mental illness that has various symptoms that are uncharacteristic for the you when you are healthy. In fact, family or friends might notice that a loved one seems to have completely changed. If your loved ones are urging you to find counselling, it may because depression has reared itself into your daily life over time like a sneak.
There are many signs that indicate depression and according to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) some of those signs are:
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities, including sex
- Decreased energy, fatigue, feeling “slowed down”
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
- Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
- Low appetite and weight loss or overeating and weight gain
- Thoughts of death or suicide, suicide attempts
- Restlessness, irritability
Despite depression’s prevalence, it is still misunderstood by many. Because of this, it is important that if you are dealing with depression and you want things to change in your life, you need to reach out for help. Metro Counselling professionals have extensive experience helping people just like you gain freedom and control over their life experience.
Depression certainly is not fleeting but there is a silver lining. Imagine depression being lifted off your shoulders, how would your life change?
Fortunately, there are tactics that can help people with depression. Many people feel better with a combination of therapy and medication. But when you are depressed, dark thoughts follow you everywhere—from work to the grocery store to the living room. That is why people need support and a safe space to call home. Kristina Sohol has created a safe space here at Metro Counselling, after 20 years of working with people who face depression and its challenges, she knows the impact that this safe space she has created can provide.
Once you start your healing journey with us at Metro Counselling you can expect to experience some of the many benefits that experienced clinical counselling has achieved for others just like you:
- More regular sleeping patterns, where you feel rested when you wake
- Improved relationships, with yourself as well as loved ones or colleagues
- A sharper memory, less forgetfulness
- More energy to engage in life
- A reduction in body pain
- Improved job performance and improved ability to focus
We make it easy for you to confidentially connect with a registered clinical counsellor to begin your journey to freedom. Simply fill out our secure form, click on submit or call our mental health clinic directly and book a confidential session:
Please call, email, or use this form to request information or an appointment.
Metro Counselling – Surrey
10318 Whalley Blvd, Unit 3
Surrey, BC V3T 4H4
Metro Counselling – Vancouver
1055 West Hastings
Email: [email protected]