– Registered Clinical Counsellor – NEEDED IN North Surrey BC
Description: Part Time, days are Optional – A Clinical Counsellor to work with a growing wellness clinic in North Surrey, close to skytrain. Come work with a dedicated professional who is enthusiastic and committed to providing the best mental health support to the clients.You have strong training in evidence-based treatment modalities: CBT expertise is required; additional training in DBT/EMDR & and knowledge of exposure therapy ; and speak another language is not required but beneficial for this position. Experience with chronic pain, personality disorders, addiction and trauma is a strong asset not a must.
Responsibilities: Clients provided with consultation, and intake completed files, only need to provide treatment to clients, or provide clinical notes to other professionals, most clients have current or past trauma.
Qualifications: Graduate degree in Counselling Psychology or Clinical Social Work, registration with an appropriate professional regulatory authority such as BCACC and, a minimum of 1 years of relevant clinical experience is required. Experience trauma recovery is required.
Compensation: This is a contract-based, associate position with substantive room for growth – our ideal candidate is interested in a long-term associate relationship with our clinic.
Job Types: Contract, Part-time( to start developing into full time)
Experience: Completed practicum hours, and have some work experience from 1 and/or more years.
– Recruitment for Speech Therapist
- See clients via video conferencing o in person to tackle speech and language goals
- Administer tests and examinations and observe patients to diagnose and evaluate speech, voice, resonance, language, fluency, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing disorders
- Develop, plan and implement remedial programs to correct speech, voice, language, fluency, resonance, and cognitive-linguistic
- Establish group and personalized care plans working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Educate and counsel patients and families regarding communication and swallowing disorders
- Document progress after every session with each client, detailing progress
Qualification, Skills and Abilities
- Current registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC) including applicable College certification(s).
- Be registered (or be in the process of registering with) CSHBC
- Have a master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology (or equivalent)
- In good standing with the college
- Knowledge of speech language pathology theory and practice within a patient and family-centered model of care
- Knowledge of the CSHHPBC standards of practice and practice guidelines for clinical practitioners
- Knowledge of communication and dysphagia standardized tests, measures, use of equipment and related techniques
- Broad knowledge of other health care professions and their role in patient care
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with patients, caregivers, speech and hearing assistants, members of the interprofessional care team, both verbally (one-on-one and in groups) and in writing
- Previous experience working with children, especially working with children on the Autism Spectrum or with developmental disabilities is an asset
- Knowledge of American Sign Language (ASL)
- Ability to speak other languages
- Motivation to learn treatment strategies
- Time management and organization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
What we provide
- Competitive pay
- Flexible hours
Please email resume to [email protected]